You don’t have to see, touch, or smell messy waste as cat litter has a very unpleasant smell and disposal is one of the effective ways of ensuring the house is free from the smell. Bringing a cat home does not have to give you stress? Be prepared with all the supplies for your feline friend to be comfortable. One of the most essential thing you need will be a litter box/tray.
Litter trays are plastic and rectangular but ‘designer’ ones are also available, from simple cardboard disposable trays to elaborate automatic self-cleaning devices. Ensure the disposal method used complies with the law and is suitable for the specific cat litter you use. Automatic litter tray have made life easy for you, Instead of scooping every day, the litter box does all the work for you! Depending on the features.
We have several in the market, the ones listed below are the best in the market and tested by us to make your choice easier.
6 Best Cat Litter Box & Trays
1. Automatic self-cleaning litter box.
You love hygiene and automatic litter that will give you a peace of mind get ScoopFree self-cleaning litter box which you can leave alone for weeks at a time. It is the only self-cleaning litter box that uses disposable litter trays to provide hands-off convenience and unbeatable odor control.
It includes disposable litter tray pre-filled with ScoopFree Crystal Litter which have plastic lining that creates a barrier to help protect against leakage. Crystal cat litter absorbs urine and dehydrates solid waste to remove odors; covered trap locks away solid waste and odor so you never have to touch or see smelly waste.
Does not fail or jam it has been rigorously tested in our lab for more than 100,000 cycles. Anti-tracking carpet sold separately.
This Litter Box is an innovative, automatic litter box that stays fresh and clean without the hassle. Self-cleans for weeks with no scooping, cleaning or refilling. It is easy to use and can be left alone for weeks at a time. Simply load it with the disposable litter tray pre-filled with crystal litter, plug it in, and watch it work.
Every few weeks as needed, remove the disposable tray, cover it with the lid, and throw it away for a quick, hygienic cleanup.
- Self-Cleaning litter box.
- Unbeatable odor control.
- Less mess: Low-tracking crystals don’t stick to your cat’s feet and are 99% dust-free.
- Leak protection:
- Sensors automatically reset the 20-minute rake timer if your cat re-enters the litter box.
- Convenient and easy cleanup.
- Recommended litter tray replacements: At least once every 20-30 days for one cat, every 10-15 days for 2 cats, every 7-10 days for 3 cats.
- Rates 3.7 in Amazon.
2. Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Tray
This extra-large litter box is built without a gate which gives effortless access for senior or elder cats, one cat or several kittens alike as the wide entrance permits easy in-and-out access for cats and the hood seats securely onto the pan.
It is an exceptionally handy cat necessity that allows cat owners to be rest assured that their feline friends do not mess the house when indoors. The cats all love that they almost always have a clean box to use.
It comes with a removable top provides hassle free cleaning. It has advanced plastic technology for odor blocking, antimicrobial product protection and a non-stick surface, can tolerate frequent use and is long-lasting.
Equipped with a deep pan which provide leak protection and odor control that is more effective than clay or clumping litters. The split hood cat litter box provides privacy for your pet while protecting your floor.
- Removable lid for easy cleaning.
- No gate for convenient access for cats.
- Built with strong and durable material to withstand continuous use.
- Equipped with a deep pan for odor control and protection from urine spray.
- Hood gives pet privacy.
- Comes in different attractive colors to choose from.
- Ideal for both young and older cats.
- The litter pan is large, deep and lightweight for your cat comfort.
- The box is sturdy and easy to clean.
- Rates 4.5 in Amazon.
3. Tiger Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan
The Tiger jumbo cat pan provides privacy while retaining the litter inside. Easy for cats to use and provides them with greater privacy then an open litter pan with its two-way plastic door resembling a cat flap.
It is made of durable plastic, and it comes complete with a Odor-Trap cartridge that eliminates unpleasant odors.
No worries if you have multiple cats as this has been factored in when making it.it is ideal for multi-cat households.
The flip top feature makes this one of the best kitty litter boxes right now! It’s easy to push up on the roof overhang to flip up the roof and door. I never have to remove the top. I also like the clear swinging door which makes it easy to see inside.
The tiger design makes it blend well with your home décor and makes your cat feel like loyalty when doing his business.
- Retains odors inside the litter pan leaving your home smelling fresh.
- Two-way plastic door provides easy in and out access; Sturdy and easy to clean.
- Great for multi-cat households.
- Includes a free sample of the Magic Blue Litter Box Filter (available for purchase on Amazon)
- Provides privacy whilst retaining the litter inside.
- The built in bag anchor helps keep the bag open and frees hands for scooping
- Easy locking slider for quick assembly.
- Made of BPA-Free Materials.
- Rates 4.3 in Amazon.
4. Roll’n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box
Save yourself the headaches and money by buying this amazing self-cleaning litter box. Just as the name suggests Roll’n clean, self-cleaning litter box is just what you are looking for! Doesn’t use electricity, never breaks down; it just keeps rolling and rolling.
Good for big cats or multiple-cat households, this large Roll’n clean, self-cleaning litter box quickly self-cleans, while controlling dust and containing odors. In just seconds, your cats waste is cleaned without scooping!
Disposal is easy as you simply roll the litter box to the right until the top touches the floor then roll it back to the upright position. Inside, a unique patented screen separates the clean litter from the clumped waste – putting all the waste into the scoop. Pull out the scoop and dispose the waste. It’s that easy! Good thing with this litter box is it requires less litter than a traditional litter box and the scoop only collects clumped waste – clean litter is never thrown away.
- Self-cleans by rolling to the right and back again.
- Waste collects in the pullout scoop for quick and easy disposal.
- Energy saver as no electricity or filters needed.
- Controls dust and contains odors.
- Ideal for big cats or multiple-cat households.
- One year warranty.
- Self-cleaning litter box.
- Easy to use.
- Rates 3.8 in Amazon.
The filter cat litter tray is really big and deep and lovely made. Great product, helps to mask smells, and has plenty of room for a large cat.
Plenty of space makes it easy to keep clean and the swing door is very good will not break after a few times your cat using. i would highly recommend this cat litter tray.
If your cat is the messy type this cat box is deeper It is just amazing! Bottom tray goes down like a slide so, the pooh and pee goes down smoothly.
- Deep tray with strong locking clips on both sides
- Two way flap keeps the litter contents inside.
- Lid can be easily separated from the lower shell.
- Removable two-way swing door.
- Dimensions: Height 40cm, Depth 53cm, Width 41cm.
- Rates 4.7 in Ebay.
[easybay item=”121901748939″ new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” output_type=”item-info-block” site=”3″][/easybay]
Price Disclaimer: Buy from EBay
6. Automatic Robot litter collector
Are you constantly fighting to keep the litter tray clean and fresh? You should not be stressed anymore. This robot will do it for you. It has done daily cat ownership easier with the robot automatic self-cleaning litter box. It accommodates all cats, large and small with its larger, more ergonomic entry and litter chamber along with the new self-adjusting cat sensor.
The globe and base unit come fully assembled and are very easy to set up. Just plug it in using the included 15 Volts AC adapter, and add litter, that’s all.
It sifts clumps and waste out of the litter seven minutes after a cat uses it and drops the waste in to a receptacle drawer for easy disposal. This makes you say goodbye to those expensive special receptacles or waste bags, the Litter-Robot uses regular kitchen garbage bags which are easily available.
The Litter-Robot has been designed to work with various types of litter, not just the premium clumping clay litters. The sifting screen is suitable for both clumping, scoopable clay litters as well as for alternative litters such as Litter Pearls, Crystals or World’s Best Cat Litter.
- Self-adjusting cat sensor ensure your cat entry is smooth.
- Large upward facing entry for ‘Open Air’ Feel
- 24 months full warranty.
- Large Ergonomic litter chamber accommodates your cat comfortably.
- Clean cycle timing keeps litter clean.
- 8 hour sleep mode makes it long lasting.
- Works on Safe 15 VDC Power.
- Easy access simple control panel.
- Accommodates cats weighing 5lbs or more.
- Rates 5.0 in EBay.
[easybay item=”112951927595″ new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” output_type=”item-info-block” site=”3″][/easybay]
Price Disclaimer: Buy from EBay
Cats go about their business in the same way. Manufacturers have devised several different solutions for the illusive indoor-poop-and-pee problem. Each of the above cat litters has different strengths and works better in some situations than others.
I love the hooded cat litter as it make your cat feel more comfortable due to privacy. More and more apartments are accepting cats as tenants, but just because your cat is welcomed by the management doesn’t mean it is easy or convenient to walk down (and back up) several flights of stairs with your pooch three to five times a day.
The bathroom trips are still quite an ordeal and an indoor cat litter box helps to reduce the number of trips you’ll need to take each week. The Robot automatic cat litter ensures this is adhered to very well.
Have you ever used a cat litter box for your feline friend? How did it work for you? Was your cat comfortable using it, or did he fail to understand the point?
We’d love to hear your experiences in the comments below.