What is Cat Litter?
Cat litter is one of those essential items for cat owners in providing their indoor cats with their very own bathroom facilities.
When choosing a litter, select quality materials. Litters are made from clay, silica crystal, and natural materials(biodegradable).
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to clay or clumping cat litter, a litter made from organic materials can be a great option, while still being affordable.
Sand, ashes, garden dirt, and the shredded newspaper was used as cat litter by traditional people before the different types of litter were made.
The modern cat litters offer improved performance and are made from materials which are healthier for us and our felines.
Benefits of a Cat Litter
- It is hygienic and reduces tray cleaning.
- Minimizing bacteria.
- It makes the disposal of soiled litter clean and easy.
- Keep your hands clean and your house fresh.
- Help to control odour and absorbent when the cat does her waste business.
Types of Cat Litters
With large volumes of urine Non-clumping cat litter is not only good at removing odors but also has the ability to absorb large volumes of urine. Although, with time due to the amount of urine non-clumping litter may be difficult to use without changing the entire litter box.
Importantly, this is an option if you do not want to spend a lot as it is cheap. Most Non-clumping litters are made of clay, and a few with pine, corn, wheat, beet pulp, and wood; Plant-like materials.
In clumping cat litter one can remove waste (urine and faeces) easily from the box without having to empty the whole litter box. Cat litters are made of different things even so the clumping litters are made of Bentonite.
Undoubtedly, it is used for kitty litter as it will absorb a tremendous amount of urine without filling up. The cat will pre-wet the bentonite to make small marbles, which then dehydrate the pellets of the right size like crystals.
The benefit of sodium bentonite clay is that it clumps together when it is moist, allowing only the soiled litter to be removed and replaced.
Crystal litters are made from silica gel. These crystals also absorb the urine, and they turn a different color when they are finished absorbing moisture, such as cat urine.
Silica crystal litters are litters made of synthetic materials. They’re good at soaking up urine and dehydrating faeces so it’s easier to clean. Ideal for people leaving in small spaces.
Consider your cat preference as most cats dislike their texture.
More cat owners are looking for safer, biodegradable alternatives. The litters are made from corn, wood, pine, wheat, recycled paper, etc. Undoubtedly, biodegradable litters offer much healthier alternatives for cats and people than clay litters.
The most known brand is World best cat litter which we have explained in detail below.
Clumping Cat Litter
1. Catsan Natural Clumping Cat Litter
Cats like a clean environment naturally, when using Catsan Natural your feline friend is happy with their cat litter.
Catsan natural cat litter has a lovely, clean, smell, and is a great agricultural by-product of wheat for indoor cats. Moreover, it clumps really well and keeps in the odours. When you remove the clumps it gets rid of all waste and leaves clean litter.
It is recommended that owners remove the solid faeces daily and replace the cat litter once a week for continued odour control and the fresh, clean environment your cat loves.
Being 100 percent natural and biodegradable cat litter made from a by-product of the wheat-milling process it is environmentally friendly and easy to dispose of.
This natural cat litter neutralizes strong odours in the litter tray by immediately locking them in with its pleasant scent.
Let’s just say it is a cat litter than no other as it clumps better than any other cat litter we have bought. Subsequently, the lumps do not fall apart when being removed, and has extremely low dust formation, keeping the area clean.
- Recycled cat litter made out of wheat.
- Extra absorbent litter that quickly forms solid clumps that are easily removed.
- Outstanding clumping performance.
- 100% natural and biodegradable, made from plants.
- It has a pleasant natural scent for you and your cat.
2. Ever Clean Extra Strong Litter
Give your feline friend the most hygienic place possible to do their business with Ever Clean Cat Litter. This litter is made with superior clumping clay, it traps, locks, and eliminates odour from urine and faeces through activated carbon technology.
Importantly, this clumping unscented cat litter has a clumping technology that prevents the cats’ urine from reaching the litter box bottom preventing decomposing and bad odour creation.
The unscented factor takes care of people and cats who are sensitive to smell although it is very effective even to the strongest odour and also provides freshness to your home.
- Made from a mixture of clays and pure natural minerals which are environmentally friendly.
- Maximum clumping power resulting in extra strong, easy-to-remove clumps with a cat litter scoop.
- Long-lasting as it involves less litter box changes and saving you money.
- Eliminate urine and faeces odour on contact.
- It provides continuous freshness in your cat litter box and home.
- High absorbent premium clumping cat litter.
- Unscented for sensitive people and cats.
3. Worlds Best Cat Litter, Biodegradable
Feel good with world best cat litter which is 99 % dust-free, pet, people and environment friendly.
Not only is it made from sustainable corn with no added chemicals but is also flushable and safe for your toilet saving you trips to the bin.
One of the tops of the list clumping cat litter with odour control, tight clumping capability, and easy to dispose of by flushing. It is tested and proven to be flushable and safe for septic and sewer systems.
Particularly, you can breathe easy as it is 99% dust-free made of corn which is free of silica dust naturally.
- Litter that gets you smaller, tighter clumps for easy and quick scoops.
- Easy to dispose of as it safe to flush down the toilet.
- No added chemicals hence safe for you, your cat, and environment.
- It is lightweight and ideal for a house of multiple cats.
- Long-lasting performance as you only disposes of the scoops in the litter box.
- Saves you time as you know are able to skip the trips to the bins.
4. Sanicat Clumping Absorbent Cat Litter
When shopping for a cat litter, we want to buy the best, nonetheless one might not know which one will be best for their cat. That is a concern for many cat owners as we have many in the market. Check on your cat taste and preferences before settling on a particular cat litter.
Sanicat clumping cat litter is highly recommended with absorbent litter hence you can stop worrying about your kitty’s litter box for at least a week. During this time, the litter will remain dry and clean just remember to check if your cat has deposited faeces on it and remove it.
Obviously, it lasts longer than traditional clay litters by providing extra strong clumpability. When used properly, the litter can provide a hygienic environment for your cat for up to 30 days.
Our unique high-performance cat litter is economical as with thicker granules than my normal one it means more litter stays in the tray with less being thrown about the floor making my cat area clean and comfortable.
- High clumpability, making it a more effective product as it is easy to remove.
- Bring a natural environment indoor for the cat as it is made from natural bentonite.
- Economical and long-lasting
- Natural and clean litter.
- It provides effective control of unwanted odours.
Non Clumping Cat Litter
5. Pettex Pampuss Woodbase Cat Litter
Looking for a cat litter that is easy to dispose of and light to handle? get pettex pampuss woodbase not only are the pellets sourced naturally but are also environmentally friendly.
Your cat’s paw and fur will stay clean as the cat litter is made of 100% biodegradable residue wood material without the use of additive or glue.
It comes along with a pine fresh aroma that does away with any unpleasant smell in your home and at the cat litter area.
Pettex Pampus cat litter is our top best and highly recommended with the high absorbent feature as well as has a pine fresh aroma to reduce unpleasant odour.
What we have observed for best results is the litter should be placed in a litter tray removing solid waste daily, whilst emptying and replacing saturated pellets when necessary.
- Low dust levels due to the superior dust extraction feature it contains.
- High absorbent.
- Light to handle.
- Long lasting large pack of 30 Litres.
- Easy to dispose of.
- Made of 100% biodegradable material.
- Pine fresh aroma reduces unpleasant odour.
- Made from recycled materials that are environmentally friendly.
6. Felight Antibacterial Cat Litter
Felight cat litter is a high performing litter with fast absorbent made from Calcium Silicate. When a cat leaves faeces or urine in the litter the granules will wick the moisture from the faeces/urine and help trap the odour.
Additionally, it is easy to clean, check the litter tray regularly and remove any solid waste with a cat litter scoop. Top up the tray with fresh litter at least once a week.
The granules in Felight cat litter have super quick absorption powers, odours don’t have a chance to develop. This is due to each granule contains thousands of fast-acting micropores which quickly absorbs liquid like a sponge.
Felight has various types of cat litter and crystal cat litter for those who live in small places and prefer that.
- Fast acting absorbency.
- Keeps cat litter tray Fresh.
- Unpleasant odours are instantly trapped.
- Lightweight litter.
- It contains antibacterial granules.
7. Extra Select Premium Wood Based Cat Litter
This large pack made from reclaimed timber offers great value for money. Alongside this, this cat litter is 30L fine ground wood, highly absorbent, and able to lasts longer and reduces tray cleaning, making it both economical and cost-effective.
Extra select wood based cat litter controls odour with its natural pine fragrance and gives your cat a clean and fresh litter box.
Besides, Extra select cat litter has made the disposal of soiled litter clean and easy.
- Light to handle and easy to dispose of.
- Environmental friendly as no tree needs to be felled to make it.
- Constant freshness for both your home and cat with its natural pine fragrance.
- Highly absorbent as it is made of fine ground wood.
- Long-lasting with its super absorbency feature.
- Minimizes bacteria and is also hygienic keeping the cat litter box clean.
8. Bio-Catolet 2 x 25L Multi-Buy Cat Litter
A happy cat any day is a great companion at home. Bio Catolet is paper granules lighter in weight and well-packed cat litter making it easy to dispose of.
It does not leave a trail or dust or stick to cat paw when the cat leaves the litter box keeping the house clean.
Good bargain as it is a multi-buy ideal for a household of multiple cats. Being biodegradable and 100% natural there is no smell to irritate you or your cat if sensitive.
- Lightweight and highly absorbent.
- Comes in two packs (multi-buy) plenty for multiple cats household.
- Prevents bacterial growth.
- 100% natural and biodegradable and does not leave dust in the litter.
- Easy to clean and dispose of.
- Safe for people and pets.
9. Breeder Celect Paper Pellet Cat Litter 30L
Breeder Celect paper pellets are uniquely made with no chemicals or addictive, 99% recycled. Unquestionably, very absorbent and easy to clean, come with superior odour control and absorption.
The paper pellet is ideal for allergic cats and owners as it is made free of chemicals.
Clearly, this is a great product using processed recycled paper which takes in liquid quickly and it is easy to scoop out the used wet ones.
- Natural odor control.
- 100% Biodegradable.
- It is dust-free.
- Reduces tracking and does not mark the floors.
- Recommended for all cat breeds.
- No additives or chemicals
- Highly absorbent – superior performance.
10. Cj’s Premium Cat Litter
Makes it simple for you to keep your cat’s litter and tray, clean and fresh with our antimicrobial cat litter. It does not allow germs or bacteria to form, eradicates bad odour, and not mask it.
Perfect for your cat as it is highly absorbent and 100% biodegradable good to be used as compost and environmental friendly.
Made from virgin softwood to make small pellets that do not stick to your feline paws hence will keep the area clean.
Give a natural fresh smell for your home and cat litter tray as it is made from naturally grown trees.
Easy to clean, just shake the tray daily and bring the fresh pellets on the surface while removing the waste.
- No chemicals added.
- It doesn’t allow germs or bacteria to form.
- Easy to clean and throw off.
- Environmental friendly.
- Give off a natural smell of fresh Scandinavian style timber keeping area smelling fresh.
- Made from 100% virgin softwood.
- Pellets do not stick on cats’ paws.
- It provides an excellent soft bedding to your cat.
- Ideal for Cats, Rabbits, Poultry, and Reptiles.
- Ultra-absorbent as all the liquid will be soaked up keeping cat tray dry.
- Long lasting (30L).